VivAer™: Our In-Office Nasal Airway Obstruction Treatment
Do you feel like you can't take in air easily through your nose? Do you feel like you can't get rid of your nasal congestion no matter what you do? You may be suffering from nasal airway obstruction. Nasal obstruction is a blockage of your ability to effectively take in air through the nose, such as enlarged turbinates or a deviated nasal septum.
While not being able to breathe fully through one nostril can seem like it's not that big of a deal, it can cause some underlying health conditions. Over time, limited air intake through the nose can impact your quality of life and sleep, causing you to have less energy during the day.
Luckily a long-term solution is here. Schedule with Sinus & Nasal Specialists of Louisiana today to see if you're a candidate for the VivAer™ Treatment.
What Can Cause a Nasal Obstruction?
A nasal blockage or obstruction is usually caused by swelling or an enlargement in the nasal valve. The nasal valve is made up of three parts including:
- The Septum - The narrow bone and tissue that's splitting the nose into two nostrils. A septal deviation is a common nasal blockage that occurs when the septum is misshapen and blocking one side of the nose.
- The Turbinates - A turbinate is a structure in the nose that helps warm, humidity, and direct air when it enters the nasal cavity. An enlarged turbinate can cause nasal blockage, and a turbinate reduction is the primary goal of the VivAer™ treatment.
- The Lateral Nasal Wall - The lateral wall is the tissue in the nose that forms the outer wall. Weakness in the wall can cause a nasal valve collapse.
Symptoms of Nasal Obstruction and Nasal Congestion
Not only does nasal obstruction lead to chronic congestion and fatigue, but it can also cause other sinus problems. Congestion can make it difficult for your nose to drain naturally, which can lead to other sinus and nasal obstruction symptoms like:
- Stuffy Nose or Trouble With Nasal Breathing
- Sinus Infections
- Bad Breath
- Fatigue or Lack of Energy
- Runny nose
If your sinus issues are due to nasal obstruction, it is likely they will not resolve until the blockage is cleared. VivAer™ is one of the many nasal blockage treatments we offer at Sinus & Nasal Specialists of Louisiana, but what exactly is it?
How Does VivAer™ Work?
In the past, patients only had two options for enlarged turbinates, home remedies and traditional surgery. However, home remedies only provide temporary relief, and invasive surgery is not appealing to most people because of the pain and long recovery time. Now, you have an option that can produce long-term relief without surgery or a long recovery period.
VivAer™ was produced by Aerin Medical Inc. to get the best long-term relief from nasal obstruction possible. It works in 3 easy steps:
- First, in the comfort of our office, you will be given a local anesthetic.
- Then our ENT professional uses a device that produces temperature-controlled radiofrequency energy to reshape the tissues in your nasal passage. The energy is used to contract and tighten the tissue in the nose, releasing the blockage or obstruction.
- After your ENT has cleared the blockage, you should see immediate relief from your chronic nasal congestion. The whole procedure takes place in 30-60 minutes, and you will be able to return to normal activity shortly.
Is VivAer™ Safe?
Not only have clinical studies shown that VivAer™ is extremely effective they have also proven the safety of the procedure. A clinical trial conducted in the US and Europe has shown that VivAer™ has a 94% response to treatment, 88% patient satisfaction, and 0% device-related adverse side effects. In addition, VivAer™ has proven time and time again that the outcomes from the procedure are excellent, and it has been FDA-approved since 2018.
Effective Congestion and Nasal Airway Obstruction Treatment is Available at Sinus & Nasal Specialists of Louisiana
No matter the cause of obstruction or congestion we can help our patients breathe easily again. VivAer™ is just one in-office procedure we offer for the treatment of nasal airway obstruction. We also offer other types of treatment including Balloon Sinuplasty. Our non-invasive solutions can fit most lifestyles and have you feeling better in no time.