Allergy Drops: The Convenient Immunotherapy Treatment You Deserve
For people suffering from allergies, it can seem impossible to control symptoms, let alone cure their allergies altogether. However, that seemingly impossible task is not as impossible as some may think. At Sinus and Nasal Specialist of Louisiana, not only can we help develop a symptom management plan that can fit your lifestyle, but we can also utilize immunotherapy to possibly get rid of your allergies for good.
What Is Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy is using an allergy treatment that slowly introduces your body to your specific allergens. Over time, you will see a reduction in symptoms and may even see your allergies go away entirely. Immunotherapy comes in two forms—allergy shots and drops.
The first step in developing a tailored immunotherapy plan is to get your allergens tested. Find out about our allergy testing process here.
Allergy shots are shots that contain a little bit of your specific allergen. You go about once a week to your ENT’s office for an injection for as long as you need, usually 3-5 years. While allergy shots are very effective and have been around a long time, they can be highly inconvenient for someone with a busy lifestyle. You now have a more convenient option.
Allergy Drops: Immunotherapy On Your Schedule
Allergy drops work the same way as allergy shots accept they are much more convenient. Allergy drops are a solution that contains a tiny bit of your allergen. You place them under your tongue once a day for a few years. They work relatively quickly, and you may see some results within a few months. Most people prefer allergy drops over shots because:
- They can be administered when and where you want
- There is no need for shots every week
- No weekly visits to the doctor to ruin your busy schedule
- You can finally get lasting relief from your allergies
Which Immunotherapy Treatment Is More Effective?
Both types of immunotherapy can be equally effective. The choice between the two is a personal preference based on your unique health needs that can be discussed with your ENT doctor. As mentioned above, most people love the convenience of administering their immunotherapy in their own homes in the form of allergy drops. With allergy drops, you will experience:
- Cost Savings The cost of allergy drops themselves is comparable to allergy shots, and they are covered by most insurances. However, drops can help you save on missed time at work, travel time, and transportation costs.
- Convenience The convenience of administering the drops wherever is a significant factor in most people’s decision-making.
- Comfort Placing a small drop under the tongue each day can be far more comfortable than receiving a shot every week.
No matter the immunotherapy treatment you choose, we can guide you through your journey to better health.
Schedule With Sinus And Nasal Specialists Of Louisiana To Start Your Journey To Better Allergy Health.
Your allergies are unique to you, and that means you need an ENT that can develop a treatment plan that will meet your specific needs. At Sinus and Nasal Specialists of Louisiana, we work with our patients to make sure that they understand their diagnosis and get the treatment plan that fits them best.