Nasal ObstructionNasal Airway obstruction, also known as a congested or blocked nose, can dramatically impact the quantity and quality of the air you breathe in.
Nasal Obstruction ProblemsThis lower volume of air may lead to:
- Chronic nasal congestion, or stuffiness
- Persistent nasal blockage or obstruction
- Difficulty breathing through nose
- Difficulty sleeping, snoring, and fatigue
- Inability to get enough air during activities
Nasal Obstruction Causes
Narrowing of the nasal valve may be caused by an enlargement of any of the three primary structures, decreasing the overall nasal airway area.
Nasal Airway Obstruction
The Septum, Lateral Wall, and Turbinates form a triangular area known as the Nasal Valve. If any of these tissues enlarge, nasal airway size is reduced, causing lower airflow.
- The Septum is the narrow ridge of bone and tissue between the two nostrils.
- The Turbinates are fingers of tissue that direct and warm air as it enters the nasal cavity.
- The Lateral Wall is the side tissue that forms the outer wall of the nose.
Nasal Obstruction Treatment
Nasal Airway obstruction has traditionally been treated by Ongoing Home Remedies or Traditional Nasal Surgery. Today there is a third option: VIVAER® Non-Invasive Nasal Airway Remodeling.
Ongoing Home Remedies
Nightly breathing strips, nasal dilators, and sprays that never quite fix the problem are some of the ongoing home remedies you might have tried. And tried. And tried. Home Remedies are never a permanent solution.
Traditional Nasal Surgery
Traditional Surgery, involving pain, recovery time, and less-than-spectacular results has been the only course of treatment for advanced nasal problems. While it may be effective in many cases, it does not always address the problems of nasal blockage caused by narrow nasal valves.
VIVAER® Nasal Airway Remodeling
The VIVAER treatment, performed in your doctor's office, is a non-invasive procedure with no cutting. Your nasal valve area is gently and permanently reshaped using low-temperature radiofrequency energy. Immediately after treatment, you'll begin to experience a noticeable improvement in nasal breathing.